Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dhea's Spinach chips with flour batter and sauteed spinach


I will never forget the day I walked out into my yard and saw Dhea picking  the "weeds" next to my house! Dhea explained that the "weeds" I had been stepping over in my yard was actually "Wild Spinach". She showed skeptical me photos from Indonesia and yes it is in fact spinach!  I had an accidental garden and didn't even know it!

She has her spinach chips recipe below and it is awesome to snack on!
 (From Dhea)
This is spinach that grows wild but tastes so delicious.
I have so much wild spinach growing throughout my back yard and I will pick it up every 3 days because they will regrow fast. This two recipes for spinach.
Spinach chips with flour batter and sauteed spinach.

Sauteed Spinach :

1. 1/2 Onion
2. 3 cloves of garlic.
3. Hot pepper ( Whichever you choose habanero,jalapeno or Serrano pepper )
3. Salt. ( as desire )
4. Pinch of sugar.
3. 3 tbsp cooking oil.
5. 1/2 cup of water.

Instruction :

1. Chop onion and garlic in small pieces.
2. Cut the spinach about 2 inches.
3. Heat the oil and saute the garlic and onion until golden brown, then add hot pepper.
4. Add the spinach and the water and cook it until soft enough but don't over cook.
5. Add salt as your desire and dash it with pinch of sugar.
6. Ready to serve with white rice.


Spinach Chips :

Batter :

1. 2 cups of flour.
2. garlic powder.
3. Onion powder.
4. Salt. ( as you desire )
5. black pepper.
3. Water.
4. Cooking oil for deep fry.

Instruction.
Mix all the ingredients  when you mix it add water little by little until the batter enough to dip the spinach and fry it until golden brown. It doesn't take long and it is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment